You should always do your homework before making a large purchase, and this is especially true when it comes to home security systems. Although investigating home security may lead you to ask, "This would be wonderful to have, but is it worth it?"
Once you have the proper infrastructure and supplies, the answer is yes.
Could you take a look at the reasons why a home security system is a good idea and the steps you can take to make sure you get the most out of your money?
Reasons to Invest in a Home Security System.
What images do you conjure up in your head when I say "home security system?" You would be correct in assuming that a burglar alarm would sound in such a situation. Nevertheless, there is much more to a sophisticated security system than that.
Here are ten good reasons to get a security system for your house:
- Make sure your home is secure from potential intruders. The FBI estimates that over 1.4 million burglaries take place annually in the United States, and another study found that 27 percent of the time, someone is present in the home at the time of the burglary. An intelligent home security system can both deter intruders and notify residents in the event of an intrusion.
- Keep the fires away from your home. In addition to protecting against burglaries, a comprehensive security system will also set off smoke alarms throughout the building in the event of a fire, giving you valuable extra time to escape to safety.
- There is a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, so make sure your home is safe. Carbon monoxide is another lethal threat that cannot be detected by the senses (touch, taste, smell) unless a carbon monoxide detector is present. To protect yourself from exposure to this dangerous gas, instal a carbon monoxide detector that has a continuous monitoring system.
- Keeping an eye on things at all hours. When you have alarm monitoring for your home security system, your property is under constant surveillance. Additionally, if you aren't home when an emergency occurs, the monitoring service will send help.
- Prevent criminal activity by putting up barriers. Break-ins can be prevented with the help of a burglar alarm, according to research conducted at Rutgers University. Overall, burglaries decreased in areas where more alarms were installed.
- The value of your home will rise as a result. Do you hope to raise interest in your house before you put it up for sale? A safety system is a good idea. In a recent survey of people in the market for a new home, wireless security systems and security cameras were ranked as the most desired technological additions.
- Spend less on insurance premiums as a homeowner. Insurers often offer discounts to policyholders who instal security systems in their homes because they serve as a strong deterrent to theft and vandalism.
- If you are in immediate danger, seek medical attention. With the push of a button, those with security systems that include panic buttons or fobs can summon help in the form of medical professionals or other emergency responders.
- Perhaps you can deduct the cost from your taxable income. You can deduct the cost of your home's alarm system from your taxable income if you work from home or run a small business from your residence. To find out if this applies to your home and business, talk to your accountant or look into the tax laws of your state and country.
- Help the environment by reducing your energy consumption. Your monthly energy and lighting costs can be reduced when your security system is integrated into a larger home automation system.
Even in the safest neighbourhoods, a smart security system is worth it for the many advantages it provides over a standard burglar alarm.
Since the rate of inflation is greater than the rate of wage growth, most of us are making greater efforts to cut costs wherever we can. To save money, we may reduce our electricity consumption. Maybe you think a security system is too much of a luxury to justify purchasing one for your home.
When the health and safety of your loved ones is paramount, however, a dependable home security system may seem like a worthwhile investment, especially when you consider the savings you'll realise from lower insurance premiums.
There are many reasons to invest in a solid security system, and we've compiled a list of them for you.
If you’re looking for a home security camera, then look no further! Security Systems has you covered.
Peace of mind
We, without a doubt, exist in a perilous world. More than 200,000 burglaries take place each year in Australia. Twenty percent of people who are burglary victims will have their homes broken into again, according to the Australian Institute of Criminology.
It can take a very long time for a family to get over something like this. It's essentially the same in the UK and other developed economies.
Your house ought to be a safe haven for you and your loved ones. While alarm systems cannot provide complete safety, they can make a significant difference.
Protect your assets
Likewise, we hope that our loved ones are successful and content. This is why we devote the majority of our waking hours to working to meet their material needs.
A loss of all one's hard-earned possessions in a single night can be devastating. Even if a burglar avoids entering the house, they may still be able to drive off with a car, so installing security gates is a good idea.
Thieves frequently steal things that have sentimental value to us. But what if they take the final piece of jewellery from a loved one who has passed on? What if they steal your phone and find all the adorable photos of your kids as they grew up on it?
This won't occur if you have a solid security system in place. Rather than wishing you had spent a little more money, it is preferable to be well-prepared and not have to make any adjustments later.
Evidence of a crime captured on film
CCTV cameras, along with barking dogs, have been cited by would-be burglars as the most effective deterrents. And in cases where they fail to deter, they can be used as visual evidence in court.
Monitor your home
When we're away from home for an extended period of time, such as on vacation or a business trip, we tend to worry about its safety more than at any other time. Thankfully, modern security systems and camera networks can be viewed remotely from a mobile device, and alerts can be sent out if a break-in is suspected.
If alarms go off, you can see for yourself if there's an intruder and call the police; otherwise, you can relax and enjoy your vacation without worry.
Discourage burglary attempts
The average burglary takes between eight and twelve minutes to complete. If they hear the alarm from your security system, however, they usually flee the scene quickly and unload their loot before the police arrive.
Window and door motion detectors are easy to instal. The sensors will activate and make a noise when someone approaches them or tries to destroy an entry point.
In most cases, burglars stake out the house they plan to rob before actually breaking in. It's likely they'll take you off their hit list if they spot surveillance cameras or motion detectors on your property.
Cameras and motion-activated lights are a major deterrent for criminals who prefer working under cover of night.
Protection during a fire
Having an older population or living in a bushfire-prone area makes installing a smoke alarm all the more important. It's possible to get a heads-up and take preventative measures when somebody forgets to switch off the stove.
When no one is home, however, the smoke alarm may sound. If nobody responds to the warning, what happens?
You'll be relieved to know there are smoke detectors that can be linked to an outside monitoring service. That way, even if you're not there, someone can call the authorities and have firefighters sent to your home in the event of an emergency.
Lower your insurance premium
If you take measures to make your home safer, you may be able to reduce the cost of your homeowner's policy. If your insurance provider sees that you've taken proactive steps to keep your home safe, they'll likely lower your premiums.
A lower premium is possible if you request it.
Emergency medical assistance
You can find systems that can be modified to include medical emergency functions; this is especially useful if you live with elderly relatives or relatives who suffer from specific medical conditions.
You can link the security system to the pendant your loved ones wear around their necks. With the push of a button on their charm, you can rest easy knowing that help is on the way in the event of a medical emergency, even if they are home alone.
Are Home Security Systems Worth It?
Would you benefit from installing a security system in your house? Which security measures you choose to implement beyond the basics are entirely up to you. With the prevalence of burglaries in the US, however, installing an alarm system can provide some measure of comfort.
Protects Your Valuable Possessions
You can only imagine the devastation that comes from having precious jewellery, electronics, or personal belongings stolen from your home. One's life does not depend on any one material possession. Some sentimental items, however, may never be located and may be irreplaceable.
This is one of the most tangible advantages that can make installing a home security system worthwhile. Many criminals keep an eye out for security systems because they want to be able to enter and leave a building undetected.
If a burglar sees that a security system is installed in a house, they are more likely to move on to another, less well protected home. This ensures the security of your home and loved ones.
Lowers Homeowners Insurance
The cost of homeowner's insurance may go down if you instal a security system. The presence of a security system is valued by insurance companies as a preventative measure against theft. Because of this, you can expect lower premiums when insuring your home with them.
Having a home security system installed is money well spent. Roller shutters, security doors, and infill grills are just a few examples of additional safety features you can instal after consulting a security expert; there are many more.
Here at Security Systems, we provide an extensive range of security monitoring and CCTV security systems.
Should I Get A Home Security System?
Even if you spend hundreds on a fancy home security system, you may still be robbed. In the time it takes the law to arrive, there is still a chance that some bold burglars will break in and make off with valuables. And a cheap ski mask will make those spy cameras useless. The question of whether or not the cost of such a system is justified may therefore arise in the minds of prospective buyers like yourself.
After having a system installed, you may find your risk has decreased, or you may find significant insurance premium savings. Alternately, perhaps you're less anxious and can get a better night's rest. Your priorities and expectations should inform your decision as to whether or not a home security system is effective and worthwhile for you.
Are Home Security Systems Effective?
You can protect your home in part by installing a security system. If a thief wants to avoid being seen, they'll only target houses that offer easy entry and exit. The alarm, outdoor/motion-sensor lights, security cameras, and promotional stickers make up a visible and audible security system for your home.
What would happen if a burglar ignored all the obvious signs that your home was protected by a security system and attempted a break-in anyway? As a result, the odds of the police finding them increase dramatically. Footage from security cameras is a vital piece of evidence that can unlock the door to catching burglars.
Measuring Their Effectiveness
- The presence of a security system may deter would-be thieves.
- A home alarm system may serve as an effective deterrent against intruders if it is installed properly. Approximately sixty percent of would-be thieves, according to a survey conducted by researchers at UNC Charlotte, would move on to an easier target if they saw a security system in place.
- A decrease in overall crime rates has been attributed to them.
- There isn't a single home where a security system wouldn't be a nett positive. A university study found that when residents of a neighbourhood all had alarm systems installed, the overall burglary rate dropped.
- They serve as a useful form of fireproofing.
- Modern home alarm systems not only detect intruders, but also smoke. Having a home fire kill twice as many people per year in houses without alarms as in homes with them is a compelling argument in favour of installing one.
- Alternately, they could assist you in preventing water damage.
- Fire is terrifying, but water damage can be just as devastating to your home. In 2014, floods caused over $2.8 billion in property damage, but you can lessen your losses by installing a security system with water sensors.
- They have the potential to save people's lives.
- There are nearly 140 million annual visits to emergency rooms, with many patients suffering from potentially fatal conditions. Having a life monitoring feature built into your home security system increases the likelihood that emergency personnel will be dispatched to your location in the event of a medical emergency.
- They have the potential to prevent further break-ins.
- One is five and a half times more likely to be a target of burglary if they have already been a victim. Installing surveillance cameras or an alarm system that operates wirelessly sends a message to would-be intruders that your home is protected.
- However, they are not infallible.
- Like any other technology, security systems can experience hiccups every once in a while. The false alarm rate for home security systems is speculated to be as high as 95%. As a result, they could be vulnerable to hacking.
Is It Time For You to Install a Home Security System on Your Property?
Unfortunately, burglaries are a prevalent type of property crime. You've put in a lot of time and effort to make your house a haven of peace and tranquilly for your family. You don't want some thug to stroll onto your property, endanger your loved ones, and make off with your most prized possessions.
Does the cost of installing a security system in our home justify the benefits we receive? To put it briefly, yes.
They ensure a quicker response time from the police and help increase the chances that an offender will be apprehended and brought to justice. They can prevent burglaries from happening by themselves.
Security Systems provides expert home alarm system installation for your residential or commercial infrastructure.
Over 1.4 million burglaries occur each year in the United States, according to the FBI's estimates. Intruders can be discouraged and homeowners can be notified in the event of an attack with the help of a smart home security system. Another silent killer, carbon monoxide detectors are essential in cases where there is no one else in the house to help. It has recently been found that wireless security systems and security cameras are among the most wanted technological additions. According to a study conducted by researchers at Rutgers University, burglaries fell in areas where more alarms were installed.
The many benefits of a security system outweigh the cost even in the safest of neighbourhoods. We've put together this list of benefits of installing a security system to help you decide whether or not to do so. Gaining security, safeguarding of property, and video documentation of a criminal act are all advantages. The use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras and motion-detecting lighting can successfully discourage burglaries. These days, if a break-in is suspected, alerts can be sent out and the security system can be viewed remotely from a mobile device.
In the event of an evacuation, smoke detectors can alert a central monitoring station. There has been some evidence that installing a home security system can result in a reduction in the cost of homeowner's insurance. Burglars are always on the lookout for security systems because they prefer to avoid being spotted at every stage of their criminal activity. Security systems are highly regarded by insurance providers because of their ability to deter theft. Spending hundreds of dollars on a state-of-the-art home security system is no guarantee against burglary.
Burglars who value their safety over making a spectacle of themselves will only target homes with unobstructed entry and exit points. Security camera footage is a key piece of evidence that can help lead police to the perpetrators of burglaries. If your home alarm is set up correctly, it can prevent break-ins. When all of the homes in a community were equipped with alarm systems, the study found, the number of burglaries dropped significantly. Over $2.8 billion in property damage was caused by floods in 2014, but the cost can be reduced with the help of a security system.
Cost-benefit analysis shows that home security systems are worth the investment. They guarantee a quicker police response and raise the possibility of an arrest being made. It's estimated that 95% of home security alarms are false.
- Here are ten good reasons to get a security system for your house:Make sure your home is secure from potential intruders.
- To protect yourself from exposure to this dangerous gas, instal a carbon monoxide detector that has a continuous monitoring system.
- A safety system is a good idea.
- Even in the safest neighbourhoods, a smart security system is worth it for the many advantages it provides over a standard burglar alarm.
- There are many reasons to invest in a solid security system, and we've compiled a list of them for you.
- Having an older population or living in a bushfire-prone area makes installing a smoke alarm all the more important.
- When no one is home, however, the smoke alarm may sound.
- This ensures the security of your home and loved ones.
- Your priorities and expectations should inform your decision as to whether or not a home security system is effective and worthwhile for you.
- You can protect your home in part by installing a security system.
- The presence of a security system may deter would-be thieves.
- A home alarm system may serve as an effective deterrent against intruders if it is installed properly.
- Alternately, they could assist you in preventing water damage.
- Fire is terrifying, but water damage can be just as devastating to your home.
- In 2014, floods caused over $2.8 billion in property damage, but you can lessen your losses by installing a security system with water sensors.
- Having a life monitoring feature built into your home security system increases the likelihood that emergency personnel will be dispatched to your location in the event of a medical emergency.
- The false alarm rate for home security systems is speculated to be as high as 95%.
- Unfortunately, burglaries are a prevalent type of property crime.
FAQs About Home Security System
Every complete home security system package typically includes sensors, control panels, door or window sensors, floodlights, doorbells and cameras. Together, these elements will keep a home as safe as possible.
Studies have shown that having a home security system significantly reduces the chance of crime at the property. About 60% of convicted burglars said that they would not target homes that have a security system.
In general, security cameras, either CCTV analog cameras or PoE IP security cameras, are not energy-consuming as other gadgets like computers or bread toasters; they only need very little electricity to work.
A home security camera system is an excellent tool for home protection, and it can work both as a deterrent and a recovery tool. Burglars are wary of properties with visible security cameras. Plus, if a crime does occur, security cameras can help gather evidence.
Security cameras don't attract burglars to your property, but at the same time, they probably won't keep burglars away from your property. More than likely, your security camera will go unnoticed by burglars. Here's the bottom line: security cameras, for the most part, aren't designed to deter crime.